Thursday, March 22, 2007
'tis the time of the year...
|... if you didn't know the date, you'd think we're in the middle of the winter season here as snowstorms usher in swiss spring. i've uploaded a video of the snowfall the other day - sorry, but i just got excited . but it doesn't get exciting at all when the heating system dries your skin, it gets really itchy, you know! . but the good news is, forecast states that early next week, spring will really be here, officially and, hopefully, physically. i feel sad for the animals whose body clocks got mixed-up because of the warmest winter weather since temperature were officially measure. and there's no sign it will get better... i guess it's hight time we do our share of being environmentally conscious to at least slow down global warming.|
the Lord's prayer
THE LORD'S PRAYER
Rather cleverly done in two parts:
The prayer (in blue type) and GOD (in red type) in response.
Our Father Who Art In Heaven.
We'll work together -- You and ME..
Sunday, March 18, 2007
|it's been 3 weeks now since we came back from our pinas trip but i still can't get myself to update our site. well, i'm taking this time to, hopefully, do that. :) what's keeping me busy since? here's a rundown:|
- SA is teething. two of his lower front incisors have now appeared. he didn't really get sick while teething, well, he did have a runny nose, some coughs and soft, even watery at a time, stool but he didn't have the fever, so i guess it could have been worse. so, we will now be missing that toothless grin of his very round face :)
- FL started with his new garderie. before we left for PH, we received a call from the garderie of our choice - background: i registered FL in the garderie and was wait listed since April 2006. so, that's about 9 months of waiting! i wasn't very excited because this one costs much more than his first garderie. but i noticed FL wasn't very excited in tom pouce (the name of the garderie) as before. he didn't want to go there anymore, maybe he got bored? you see, tom pouce is more of an art workshop, they were taught to draw, sing, paint, etc. but they admit kids from 2.5 yrs to 4 yrs old and they only have one class for the whole age-range - and most of them are younger than he is. so, maybe he got bored with his "classmates" and it was just a matter of time before he decided he wanted out :). while les cedres (his new garderie), i preferred because the kids were more his age, it is literally just around the corner, it seems more organized, the teacher speaks some english, and the hours are a bit longer. in his first day, i had to stay with him for an hour for him to gradually adapt. the second day, i had to leave him and then come back to for him after an hour - again to help him adapt... but i never really had much of a problem with regards to his separation anxiety, he was happy to see new faces. when i picked him up his second day, the teacher reported he sort-of taught the other kids colors in english... hmm... my other objective was to make sure he learns french, i do hope he does. so tomorrow, his 3rd day, will basically be a normal "school day" for him as i leave him for about 3 hrs there. i hope he will enjoy and learn a lot and prepare him for proper school, more probably next year since he's birthday is after their cut-off.
- i started french language lessons again! this time at the comfort of our home. :) i didn't enrol to the next term since i started because i wasn't excited anymore. so i decided to look for a teacher who'll teach me at home, at the pace of my development so it's more intensive and more focused. i am still having a hard time, though :)
- hubby's busy with the music ministry. sundays, is another SAHM day for me as dh serves as a singer and guitarist at our community's CLP, last day will be next week, so we will hopefully have sunday afternoons for the whole family again.
- i've been busy preparing our trip to paris! yipeee!!! :) the trip which was supposed to have happened last year will happen this year, on my birthday week. last year, i was ordered by my OB to rest as much as possible, hence the cancelled trip. but this time, we've booked the train and half of the accommodation (yes, i still need to do a research for accommodation for another leg of the trip). we're a bit unsure about the train trip, but most of the people i've asked recommended that than taking the car, so i guess that's the better choice :). hopefully, everything will work out well and we'll be posting tons more pics here. :)
- dear sister and her family will be coming over - next week. they'll visit us and of course see as much as they can of switzerland during their short stay, too bad we can't really join them on weekdays, as dh can't go on leave yet again and it's out of the question for me to bring the two kids along. it would be much trouble for them, and more-so for me if we did that.
so, that's what's up and running... i hope to keep things up to date again soon... as soon as i get to book the accommodation and whatever else. until then, i wish you all "bonne journee!" =)
Wednesday, March 7, 2007
photos from the trip
|i've uploaded (hundreds and hundreds of) photos from our 3 week trip to the philippines in our multiply site... so if you have the time (and patience), please feel free to check out the photos here. :)|
Sunday, March 4, 2007
... and we're back
it's back to reality for us. we got back in the not-as-cold-as-should be alps last monday, almost midnight. we were kindly picked-up by pareng R from the airport, as we left the car with them when we left 3 weeks ago.
while little SA had a bit of a hard time getting his sleep and we barely slept, as well, we were quite still in high spirits. i mean, we expected worse. it was really a challenge for him not to sleep in his own sturdy crib, plus the fact that he barely gets to sleep on someone's arm. the poor angel really had a tough time on the trip but he was still a good baby, as much as he can help it!
our bohol escapade
|finally got to upload some (300++) pics from our bohol trip last feb 11-15. we had great fun! bohol is just beautiful and we just love it!!! checkout some of our photos here.|