Sunday, March 18, 2007
|it's been 3 weeks now since we came back from our pinas trip but i still can't get myself to update our site. well, i'm taking this time to, hopefully, do that. :) what's keeping me busy since? here's a rundown:|
- SA is teething. two of his lower front incisors have now appeared. he didn't really get sick while teething, well, he did have a runny nose, some coughs and soft, even watery at a time, stool but he didn't have the fever, so i guess it could have been worse. so, we will now be missing that toothless grin of his very round face :)
- FL started with his new garderie. before we left for PH, we received a call from the garderie of our choice - background: i registered FL in the garderie and was wait listed since April 2006. so, that's about 9 months of waiting! i wasn't very excited because this one costs much more than his first garderie. but i noticed FL wasn't very excited in tom pouce (the name of the garderie) as before. he didn't want to go there anymore, maybe he got bored? you see, tom pouce is more of an art workshop, they were taught to draw, sing, paint, etc. but they admit kids from 2.5 yrs to 4 yrs old and they only have one class for the whole age-range - and most of them are younger than he is. so, maybe he got bored with his "classmates" and it was just a matter of time before he decided he wanted out :). while les cedres (his new garderie), i preferred because the kids were more his age, it is literally just around the corner, it seems more organized, the teacher speaks some english, and the hours are a bit longer. in his first day, i had to stay with him for an hour for him to gradually adapt. the second day, i had to leave him and then come back to for him after an hour - again to help him adapt... but i never really had much of a problem with regards to his separation anxiety, he was happy to see new faces. when i picked him up his second day, the teacher reported he sort-of taught the other kids colors in english... hmm... my other objective was to make sure he learns french, i do hope he does. so tomorrow, his 3rd day, will basically be a normal "school day" for him as i leave him for about 3 hrs there. i hope he will enjoy and learn a lot and prepare him for proper school, more probably next year since he's birthday is after their cut-off.
- i started french language lessons again! this time at the comfort of our home. :) i didn't enrol to the next term since i started because i wasn't excited anymore. so i decided to look for a teacher who'll teach me at home, at the pace of my development so it's more intensive and more focused. i am still having a hard time, though :)
- hubby's busy with the music ministry. sundays, is another SAHM day for me as dh serves as a singer and guitarist at our community's CLP, last day will be next week, so we will hopefully have sunday afternoons for the whole family again.
- i've been busy preparing our trip to paris! yipeee!!! :) the trip which was supposed to have happened last year will happen this year, on my birthday week. last year, i was ordered by my OB to rest as much as possible, hence the cancelled trip. but this time, we've booked the train and half of the accommodation (yes, i still need to do a research for accommodation for another leg of the trip). we're a bit unsure about the train trip, but most of the people i've asked recommended that than taking the car, so i guess that's the better choice :). hopefully, everything will work out well and we'll be posting tons more pics here. :)
- dear sister and her family will be coming over - next week. they'll visit us and of course see as much as they can of switzerland during their short stay, too bad we can't really join them on weekdays, as dh can't go on leave yet again and it's out of the question for me to bring the two kids along. it would be much trouble for them, and more-so for me if we did that.
so, that's what's up and running... i hope to keep things up to date again soon... as soon as i get to book the accommodation and whatever else. until then, i wish you all "bonne journee!" =)