Thursday, November 30, 2006
my baby's angel
|i do believe that i know one of my simon's angels... because it's my late dad, noe tupas.|
and why do i believe so? here are some "coincidences":
my dad was born on january 8, 1942 and came back to our creator over a year ago, on august 6, 2005. a month after that, i got pregnant and our little one is due on june 8, 2006, and indeed, he was born on that day. they were both born on the 8th of the month that starts with a J. so, that makes the dates relative... 08/01/1942, 06/08/2005, 08/06/2006. hmm...
a bit shallow, i know and i'm not really an avid fan of numbers or signs, but i think these are "hints" from up above - assuring me that my dad is always here with us, watching over us. coincidence or not, there is happiness in my heart believing it. at least i know that my son even though they never met in the physical state knows my dad and that he is always here with us.
when i told this to hubby, he said, if reincarnation was true, then, i'm paying back my dad now on the sleep deprivation i awarded them when i was still a baby... SA still is waking us up in the middle of the night :p
well, bottom line is, i just really miss my dad!
Monday, November 20, 2006
new housewives choose not to have it all
i got this article from one of my swiss e-groups... my exact sentiments! maybe i should get that book! :) read on...
November 16, 2006 - 1:49 PM
Labels: swiss life
Monday, November 13, 2006
what are they up to now?
time does fly very quickly. my two boys are growing up fast. and what are they up to these days? from the million things they've been doing everyday, here's a short list:
- graduated from KFC yesterday! :)
- declared himself officially potty trained, the other night, he took off his nappy before going to bed and came morning, he was all dry and first thing he did when he woke up was go straight to the toilet
- will start in the garderie very soon, 2x a week for half day each (in a french-speaking garderie, at that! oh no! :p)
- now knows his friends by names... he didn't quite catch up with names until about 4 months ago
- like his dad, is now playing xbox. his game? need for speed, he just loves cars
- calls his dad in the office to ask permission to play xbox and ask for cars
- know his alphabet, numbers (0-9) and colors
- eats veggies... but i have to conceal it under his rice, but i think he doesn't mind the taste
- gets his own milk from the fridge, i just need to make sure it's ready for him. this saves me time to get up and get it for him (independent na!)
- calls mommy beautiful (said boo-tiful, french daw! :p)
- is very protective of his baby brother, sometimes he doesn't want other kids touching him. but that's just sometimes :)
- knows mom & dad's first names now
5-month old SA:
- turned from back to front once and vice versa once each (di pa naulit!)
- growing some more hair now! :p
- grabs everything
- puts everything he grabs straight to his mouth
- laughs a lot, it just melts our heart
- babbles a lot now, gets embarassingly cute in church during the mass
- tries to stand on his feet when held
- index-finger sucks, not the thumb!
the two guys will be having their vaccination on wednesday, hopefully they'll be brave enough to face the needle again...
i tend to measure time by their accomplishments - how taller they've become, how much weight they gained, their growing vocabulary, the first milestones in their lives... among others... it makes my everyday living worthwhile and the stay-at-home mom experience sweeter.
Labels: the boys
Tuesday, November 7, 2006
my hectic day
|tuesday is the most hectic weekday for me.|
it's the day i do the laundry - in switzerland, it is common that apartments have shared laundry area, usually coin or cash-card operated. so if i have enough credit in my card, i would do the laundry from 9am up to 4pm. that's about 4 batches of laundry and drying at one hour per laundry and drying. my normal schedule is 6am-2pm, which i obviously cannot commit to as it is too early for me... good thing our pinoy neighbor allows me to use his time slot, since he goes home from work at around 6pm. you see, life here revolves around laundry... unless you get your own which can be quite expensive! :p
preparing lunch is more challenging this day of the week, since i need to juggle minding 2 boys, keeping track of time for the laundry and preparing lunch. so, we usually have just leftovers or dishes that are quite easy to prepare and cook... today, i didn't know what to prepare so i just made fried rice w/ taba ng talangka and lumpiang shanghai (the lumpia was prepared long before... frozen and thawed) :) yummy!
and finally, it's also a "school night" for me, today is a bit more demanding since we have an exam later! i wonder if an hour's review will be fine? good luck to me!
i may also run errands during the day, not much of a challenge since we live just above the shopping centre.
so, that's how hectic tuesday is... but i was still able to slip in a post in my blog! :) how about you? when is your hectic day and what's like?